Create Play Learn
Waffenplatzstrasse 5, 8002 Zurich
ENGLISH CLUBS for KIDS
Themed adventure lessons in English for pre-school, kindergarten and primary-school children
- Englisch für Anfänger (3-5Jahren & 5-7Jahren) - English for Beginners - (3-5yrs & 5-7yrs)
- English Reading & Writing, Club 1 for kids 4-7yrs - introduction to phonics and writing
- English Reading & Writing, Club 2 for kids 6-8yrs - continuation and mastery
- Advanced Reading and Writing for kids 7+yrs - further practice of reading and writing in English
- Cool Girls Club - for incredible girls 5+yrs
Every class is a new adventure! We turn into superheroes, record our own movies, discover new cultures, taste new flavours, dig up fossils, create rocket-ships, rainbows and Big Bens. We encourage children to actively and spontaneously use and develop their imaginations and English skills in a safe and fun environment.
Lessons are especially designed to develop your children's confidence and happiness, help them discover new skills and passions and make new friends - whilst using English. It's a space where your kids can thrive.
Flexible timetable - Simply select the time that suits you best and start any day (subject to availability)!
Program based on the Australian and UK child development methodology • Methodology and materials: Jolly Phonics, Letterland, Oxford Reading Tree and other tested materials.
Group lessons available at the Academicus Atelier, Waffenplatzstrasse 5, 8002 Zurich
English Reading & Writing, Club 1
• Kindergarten aged (4-7yrs) expat and native-speaking children, who want to maintain & develop their English skills through reading and writing
• No prior knowledge of reading and writing required
• The first 2 terms are focused on learning phonics: letter-sounds, in a dynamic, multi-sensory way - we employ mnemonics, storytelling, engage the whole body and not just the brain!
• First blending of sounds, which will help us build simple words and short sentences
• Learning and practicing letter formation: how to write upper and lower-case letters, through games, puzzles and activity sheets
• Practice new skills through home-based activities and readers
English Reading & Writing, Club 2
WED - 16:15-17:15
• Expat and native-speaking children, aged 6-8yrs who want to maintain & develop their English skills through more advanced reading and writing activities
• Phonics and blending will be continued to be practiced, however command of letter sounds & knowledge of exceptions to spelling rules is required
• Independent writing and more advanced reading skills will be practiced through games, challenges and dynamic activities
• Practice new skills through home-based activities and readers based on the Oxford Reading Tree and Antolin
English for Beginners - Englisch für Anfänger
THUR 16:15-17:15 (3-5yrs)
THUR 17:30-18:30 (5-7yrs)
• Non-native speaking children, who love English and really want to start learning it or have already started it at school and would like to practice even more!
• Become an English expert with our themed adventure classes in English for kindergarten and primary-school children
• Every class is a new adventure! Experience English through all your senses: learn an incredible song each time, play English games, discover a new book and take home a beautiful craft!
• Classes are specially designed to develop your children's confidence and happiness, help them discover new skills and passions and make new friends - whilst using English. It's a space where your kids can thrive!
Cool Girls Club
TUE 17:30-18:30 (5+yrs)
• This club is for brave, smart and cool girls
• Get inspired by incredible women - discover your own potential - realise your dreams!
• In this class we will read about various powerful women, talk about them and create projects related to their areas of expertise
• Practice reading and writing skills, develop presentation skills, discover the power of team work and learn about the world and how you can impact it through various creative projects
• Develop inner and outer strength, agility and learn how and where to channel your incredible energy and enthusiasm
• Join our club to meet other incredible girls like YOU!
• Remember: if you can dream it, you can do it!
Discovering the WoW!
Our amazingly funtastic English Clubs provide a holistic experience when learning, practicing and developing English: your child uses English in a naturally spontaneous way through educational activities, songs, games and creative projects.
As Expat-kids themselves, Katie & Mags (the founders of Academicus) know the struggles connected with integrating into a new environment, making new friends and learning the new language (whilst at the same time, not forgetting the mother tongue). It can all be quite overwhelming for a child!
That's why the English Clubs for Kids in Zurich came to exist. The lessons are a space for expat and local children to meet weekly, make friends, develop their confidence and happiness, discover new skills and passions - whilst using English in a natural environment. It's a space where your kids can thrive and discover their own "WOW"!
Your child won't want to leave the class - guaranteed :)
Sign up Today FOR A TRIAL CLASS
For more information email:
Follow us on Instagram
Like us on:
Never Miss an Update
Sign up to our activity update-email!
We'd love to stay in touch with you and let you know about the latest fun activities we're organising for your kids :) Don't worry, we won't send out too many emails - just a couple with the most important info, with the freshest updates!